Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Calligraphy

Of all my new "hobbies", this is definitely the one that I've made the most progress in. I've been wanting to learn calligraphy for the past year or so. I found Melissa Esplin's I Still Love Calligraphy course online and really wanted to sign up for it.

Unfortunately, it costs $95.

Uhh... money that an unemployed college grad definitely does not have. (Maybe when I find a job...)

Luckily, I found Molly Jacques' Introduction to the Art of Modern Calligraphy on Skillshare, which was only $10 with the new student discount. I ordered a nib holder, nibs, black ink, and some paper pads from Paper & Ink Arts. After lots of practicing... I still suck at it. But I'm definitely getting hooked on it. I also ordered Molly Suber Thorpe's Modern Calligraphy, which was super fun to read and has lots of sample alphabets to trace.

Daler Rowney FW Acrylic Ink and Hunt 101 Nib on cardstock.

And the song that inspired the calligraphy above.


No comments:

Post a Comment